|Address||582 Tawaramoto-cho, Shiki-gun, Nara|
Honseiji Temple was the family temple of the Hirano clan, lords of Tawaramoto during the Edo period. The second lord of Tawaramoto, Hirano Kawakatsu, ordered the relocation of Kyogyoji Temple in 1647 and founded Enjoji Temple (currently Jofukuji Temple) and Honseiji Temple on its site. The principal image of worship is the Amidanyorai Standing Statue which was created in the late Kamakura period. The mausoleums of the second lord Nagakatsu and the ninth lord Nagayuki also stand on the temple grounds.